If you’ve decided it’s time to put some work into your roof, the next step is to find the perfect roofing company to get the job done right. Be prepared with the best questions to help you partner with a reputable contractor.
We’ve written this guide to walk you through the ins and outs of the roofing process and to know what questions to ask your potential roofing company.
1. Is The Company Bonded, Licensed, and Insured?
A reputable roofing company should meet these standard requirements to ensure legitimacy in its work. Depending on your locality, coding requirements may vary. However, hiring a bonded and insured company can give you peace of mind knowing that the job will be done correctly. Licensing shows that a company is registered with the state contracting board and holds all the necessary permits and paperwork.
2. What Does Their Warranty Cover?
It’s important to ask your roofing company what their warranty covers. It will depend on the materials they use when installing the roof and can range anywhere from 1 to 10 years, all the way up to a lifetime. Most of the time, you’ll have the option to receive an enhanced warranty. This will cover the shingle material, underlayments, and everything in between.
3. Is The Company Certified By Their Shingle Manufacturers?
Related to warranties, an installer certified by their material manufacturer shows higher credibility. They’re often able to offer the best warranties because their manufacturer knows that their product will be installed correctly to maximize your new roof’s lifespan.
To round out our guide, also remember to keep these questions in mind:
- Can I talk to the company owner if I have a problem? Any legitimate roofing company should take pride in its ability to communicate with clients to guarantee satisfaction.
- Can I see your company references? Double-check by calling their references to ensure transparency.
- How will you prevent damage to my property during an installation? Find out the practices they’ll employ to keep your home in great condition throughout the build phase.
- Is your company local or out of state? This will give you an idea if the company is in the market to undercut local businesses after a disaster.
- How long has your company been operating? Can they stand the test of time and uphold their warranty?
It’s beneficial to get an idea of how resilient, reputable, and customer-oriented your potential roofing company will be.
If you’re searching for a roofing company that will deliver top-quality workmanship, contact the experts at Ascent Roofing right here in San Diego. As a local roofing contractor, we can promise that your roof will be restored with professionalism to give you peace of mind for years to come.